Thanks to an influx of donations and several area food drives, the Westchester Food Pantry was able to distribute a record number of Thanksgiving baskets this holiday season. Volunteers gave out 88 baskets the weekend before Thanksgiving. Each basket contained traditional side dishes, pantry staples, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, fresh bread, and of course, a turkey.
We’d like to thank the following businesses and community organizations who hosted food drives and made donations to fill our Thanksgiving baskets:
- American Westbrook Insurance Co.
- Anytime Fitness
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Boy Scout Troop 73
- Citizens’ Advisory Board, Village of Westchester
- Dixon Law Firm
- Family Video (Westchester and La Grange Park locations)
- Girling Home Healthcare
- Ingredion Corp.
- Inland Bank
- Jewel (Countryside and Westchester locations)
- MacNeal School
- Mariano’s (Westchester)
- Noodles & Company (La Grange)
- Old Glory Lodge 141
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, Divine Providence
- Westchester Chamber of Commerce
- Westchester Community Church Youth Group
- Westchester Intermediate School
- Westchester Primary School
At this time, the Westchester Food Pantry is urging clients to sign up for Christmas baskets, as quantities are limited. Clients must live in the Westchester Food Pantry service area: Bellwood, Broadview, Hillside, La Grange Park, Oak Brook, Westchester and Western Springs. Additionally, clients must be able to prove residency when picking up their basket. To sign up for a basket, clients need to email WestchesterFoodPantry@gmail.com, or call the Westchester Village Hall at 708-345-0020.